Terms of Business
MW Vehicle Contracts
Terms of Business
The following terms and conditions apply between you (the customer) and us/we (MW Vehicle Contracts) for the acquisition of vehicles listed on our website through various funding options. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights. MW Vehicle Contracts is committed to providing the highest standards of customer service. Should you have any issue or complaint, please contact us and we will endeavour to resolve it promptly and fairly.
1) MW Vehicle Contracts is an authorised and regulated vehicle finance broker. We are able to supply funding from the industry’s leading leasing and finance companies. We will advise and make recommendations for you after we have assessed your demands and needs. We usually receive a commission from the finance company with whom your business is placed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the vehicle you have selected is fit for purpose and appropriate for your needs. You are recommended to independently verify your tax position with an accountant or qualified professional, since we are not privy to information which might materially affect the suitability of any particular financial package.
Specification & vehicle images
2) The vehicle specifications and vehicle data displayed on our website are supplied by the relevant motor manufacturers and data supply companies. Whilst we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information given, the website should only be used as a guide and purchasing decisions should not be made, nor contracts entered into, without verification of data with either the manufacturer or franchised dealer. All images used on the MW Vehicle Contracts website are for the purposes of illustration only.
3) Although we try to ensure that all pricing information on our website is accurate, occasional errors may occur that result in goods being advertised at the incorrect price or otherwise misrepresented. On discovering a pricing error that affects your order, we will contact you to ask whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with your order at the amended price. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price. Prices on our website are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by MW Vehicle Contracts. We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers and specifications of goods on our website at any time before or after we accept your order; we will notify you of such changes that affect your order and in these circumstances you have the right to cancel your order if you wish. All prices quoted on our website are in UK Pounds Sterling and exclude VAT for business leasing but include VAT for personal leasing. If the rate of VAT changes between the point of order and the supply of the vehicle, payments will be adjusted accordingly. Prices include delivery by the dealer to your preferred UK mainland destination, number plates, Road Fund Licence for the term (if applicable) and Vehicle Registration Charge. If you have received a specific vehicle quotation from us, these are normally only valid for 28 days.
4) Your order of a vehicle from the MW Vehicle Contracts website is an offer by you that is subject to acceptance by us; acknowledgement of receipt of your order does not constitute legal acceptance of it. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable, in those circumstances, to you or to anyone else. All orders placed with our company are subject to credit acceptance, availability and the payment of a deposit. An order form will be forwarded to you with confirmation of the vehicle specification and finance figures agreed. Should the vehicle you have ordered not be available, we will contact you to offer possible alternatives; in these circumstances, you will have the option to accept an alternative vehicle, wait until the vehicle you ordered is available or cancel your order.
Rights to cancel an order
5) In the event of your order being cancelled by us, we will refund any deposit already paid by you in respect of that order.
5a) If you cancel the order prior to delivery, we will require confirmation in writing. If we accept your cancellation we may choose to levy a cancellation charge and withhold any securing deposit payment. The cancellation charge will normally be £300. However, should a vehicle have been built specifically to your specification, modified or have had dealer options fitted at your request, then additional cancellation charges may be requested in order to recover these costs.
5b) If you fail to return any documentation we require within 14 days of us sending them, or fail to make any payment requested within 14 days of our request, or in any other way fail to fulfil your obligations to us. We may consider that you have cancelled your order and cancellation charges may be levied as per the above cancellation statement.
5c) The above clauses will not apply if you cancel your order by exercising your rights afforded to you under the Consumer Credit Act 2006. The Consumer Protection (Distance Sales) Regulations 2000 or the Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004. A Consumer is an individual buying the goods for the purposes that are wholly or mainly outside any business, trade or profession.
6) Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between you and MW Vehicle Contracts will commence on payment of a securing deposit or the receipt of a signed order form. We will send confirmation of the vehicle you have ordered and the finance figures agreed, we will also provide an estimated delivery date. Completion of contracts will be required before delivery of the vehicle can take place. On receipt of the correct finance documents, MW Vehicle Contracts will arrange delivery of the vehicle to your chosen UK mainland destination. Please note that local registrations of vehicles are not possible and that delivery dates are subject to change by the manufacturer. Proof of a comprehensive insurance policy for the vehicle will be required prior to delivery. Delivery of a vehicle funded by a consumer regulated agreement (Personal contract hire / Drivewise –PCP) cannot be delivered until the cooling off period (normally 14 -17 days) has been completed, this commences at the point of signing the finance contract agreement.
Confidentiality and Data Protection.
7) We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential to us and anyone else involved in the normal course of arranging and administrating your finance agreement, even when you are no longer a customer. We will not give anyone else any personal information except on your instructions or authority, or where we are required to do so by law, or by virtue of our regulatory requirements. We may use information we hold about you to provide information to you about other products and services, which we feel may be appropriate to you. Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you have the right to see personal information about you that we hold in our records. If you have any queries please write to our business address.
7a) It is your responsibility to ensure that the information provided to us for any credit application on your behalf is true and accurate. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is detected, details may be passed to a fraud prevention agency. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. Should a vehicle order be cancelled due to the subsequent discovery of inaccurate or false information we will reserve the right to withhold all or part of any deposit payment, in order to cover costs incurred by our company.
8) We will not be liable to the customer for any losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of MW Vehicle Contracts, losses that were not in the reasonable contemplation of both parties when the contract was formed. This will not restrict or exclude our liability or limit a customer’s rights in any way that cannot be restricted, excluded or limited by law.
8a) Should a complaint by a customer be pursued unreasonably, in all circumstances the customer shall pay us all reasonable costs, including legal costs and fees incurred or in contemplation of court proceedings or threatened by the customer.
The Financial Conduct Authority
9) The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. MW Vehicle Contracts is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our registration number is FRN 673971 you can check our status at https://register.fca.org.uk/ or by contacting the FCA on 0845 6061234 Our permitted business includes Credit Broking.
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA)
10) The BVRLA provide a mandatory Code of Conduct for Leasing Broker Members to operate by. In order to ensure you benefit from the highest standards of service, fair terms and conditions, transparent and accurate information and a complaint resolution service. Our membership number is 1499. Further information is available at www.bvrla.co.uk
11) It is the aim of MW Vehicle Contracts to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
Please use our dedicated Complaints page for details of the procedures.
MW Vehicle Contracts are a credit broker of vehicle finance, we are not a funder or lender.
RV11 web 09/19